Zincovit Tablet is multi-vitamin and minerals tablet manufactured by Apex Laboratories Pvt. Ltd. Active ingredients of Zincovit tablet include Biotin, Carbohydrates, Chromium, Copper, Folic acid, Iodine, Magnesium, Manganese, Molybdenum, Niacinamide, Selenium, Essential advanced vitamins (A, B1, B2, B5, B6, B12, C, D3, E) and Zinc.
Zincovit tablet is prescribed by doctors in suspected cases of dietary deficiency and in diseases when proper nutrition absorption by the body gets hampered or in any medical situation in which the body is not able to derive proper nutrition from regular food intake.
Uses and Benefits of Zincovit Tabet and Zincovit Syrup:
Zincovit tablet is prescribed by doctors for treatment of numerous medical conditions that might lead to deficiencies, these include but not exclusively:
- Appetite loss and weight loss conditions
- Hair loss, skin problems, weak nails
- Anemia (megaloblastic, pernicious, nutritional, pregnancy, infancy and childhood)
- Thiamine deficiency and other deficiency diseases like scurvy
- Diarrhea, inability to absorb nutrients
- Recovery and Convalescence
- General weakness or fatigue conditions
- After surgical procedures
- During pregnancies and growth years
- To treat vitamin and zinc deficiencies
- Nutritional support in acute or chronic illnesses
- Nutritional supplement
- Eye problems
- Skin diseases
- Aphthous ulcers
Side Effects of Zincovit:
Some of the side effects reported for Zincovit tablet include the following (these are not exclusive):
- Zincovit may cause Bad heavy taste in mouth
- Burps causing heavy metallic taste in mouth
- Zincovit tablet may cause Allergy, sickness, drowsiness
- Hot flushes
- Kidney stone
- Damage to Nerves
- Dry Mouth
- Metallic taste
- Difficult Urination
- A bad Cough
- Swelling of throat, face, lips
- Skin Rash
Common Dosage of Zincovit Tablet:
The Dosage of Zincovit tablet may vary as per medical condition . Dosage of zincovit usually prescribed is one to two tablets per day or thrice a week depending upon doctor’s advice. Common dosage is once a day. Over dose of Zincovit tablet is not advised and can lead to harmful effects. Consult your doctor on dosage.
How to use Zincovit?
Zincovit tablet is to be taken as a whole as its tastes quite bitter. Though, the tablet of zincovit is well water soluble in stomach gives, the medicine gives best result when swallowed. One can take a zincovit tablet after having a breakfast.
One should not use the zincovit after the expiry date that is mentioned in the packaging. The expiry means the last day of the month. In terms of disposal, always ask the pharmacist as to how to dispose the zincovit tablet when not in use.
Variants of Zincovit:
- Zincovit Syrup
- Zincovit Drop
- Zincovit CL Syrup
- Zincovit SF Liquid
Suspension form of Zincovit:
- The suspension form of Zincovit is an advanced formula of high concentration of minerals, vitamins and zinc. The latter element helps in boosting immunity. Vitamin A is an effective immune booster that provides immunity, while vitamin C promotes growth and repairs tissues in various body parts.
- The zincovit syrup acts as a nutritional supplement and helps in absorbing calcium by the body as well. This form of medicine helps in curing diabetic, tubercular and rheumatic patients and those who are suffering from chronic diseases. Zincovit syrup can be used as a dietary supplement that is helpful in fatigue, pregnancy and vitamin and zinc deficiency.
- The zincovit syrup should be taken in a measuring cup as told by the doctor. It can be taken before or after a meal but it is better to consume it after a meal.
How to store Zincovit Tablet?
It is advisable to store the medicine at room temperature below 25 C, away from sunlight and moisture. Keep zincovit medicine at place where children cannot reach it.
How does Zincovit tablet Works?
The minerals and vitamins in Zincovit tablet enter the body through the oral route and are directly absorbed by the body. Zincovit contains Selenium and Zinc which strengthen the immunity system of the body. Vitamin A helps in healthy growth of cells and Vitamin C helps in repair of body tissues. Vitamin D in Zincovit aids in the absorption of Calcium by the body. The anti-oxidant vitamins present in Zincovit tablet destroy the free radicals in the body and thereby protect the body against several diseases.
Precautions and Warnings – When to Avoid Consumption of Zincovit?
Any abnormal symptoms should be immediately reported to Doctor. People with certain medical conditions may not be prescribed Zincovit like abrasions, acute dermatitis or eczema, anemia, bleeding problems, lactating mothers, bleeding problems, bleeding wounds, allergies, allergy to Selenium, copper deficiency, breathing difficulties and other medical conditions. Avoid talking tablet of Zincovit on an empty stomach or with alcohol. Listed below are few more conditions that should be taken care of while consumption of the tablet:
Medicines that should not be taken with Zincovit tablet:
There are few medicines that can worsen the health condition of the patient if consumed together. Listed below are few medicines that may interact with Zincovit if taken together:
When Zincovit Tablet is prescribed?
- Hair loss: This problem is very common as a person ages. Hair loss is common if one has certain disease, such as thyroid, diabetes and lupus. One can experience hair loss, if they gone through chemotherapy or have certain kinds of medicine. Some of the other causes are lack of protein diet, stress and family history.
- Eye disorders: A person suffering from diabetes with high blood sugar levels may affect his eyes. Two eye problems, such as cataract and glaucoma. The presence of zinc in the medicine helps in improving the vision. The zinc supplements lowers the progression of age-related muscular degeneration and change in eyesight that comes as a person ages.
Zincovit tablet Interactions with Other Drugs:
Zincovit tablet may have drug interactions with several substances including Actinomycin, Alcohol, Alendronate, Birth control pills, Aspirin, Barbiturates, certain anti diabetic drugs and several other substances.