Sugar Free & Colour Free
NUROFEN FOR CHILDREN 3 MONTHS TO 9 YEARS STRAWBERRY
is an oral ibuprofen suspension for babies and children aged from 3 months to 9 years.
Reduces temperature (including fever caused by immunisation)
Relieves symptoms of cold and flu
For the relief of mild to moderate pain such as:
- sore throats
- minor aches
For babies and children 3 months and over weighing more than 5kg, to 9 years.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
For oral and short-term use only. Shake the bottle well before use.
Use the syringe inside to measure the dose accurately.
NOT SUITABLE for children under 3 months of age or weighing less than 5kg.
FEVER CAUSED BY IMMUNISATION:
Babies and children 3 months and over Weighing more than 5kg – One 2.5ml dose if necessary give second 2.5ml dose 6hrs later
Do not give more than 2 doses in a 24 hour period. If the fever is not reduced, consult your doctor.
FEVER, PAIN AND SYMPTOMS OF COLD AND FLU:
3-6 months weighing over 5kg – One 2.5ml dose 3 times a day.
Do not use for more than 24 hours. If symptoms persist after 24 hours or worsen, consult your doctor.
6 – 12 months – One 2.5ml dose 3 or 4 times in 24 hrs
1 – 3 years – One 5ml dose 3 times in 24 hrs
4 – 6 years – One 7.5ml (5ml + 2.5ml) dose 3 times in 24 hrs
7 – 9 years – One 10ml (5ml + 5ml) dose 3 times in 24 hrs
Doses should be given every 6 – 8 hours.
Leave at least 4 hours between doses.
Do not take more than the recommended dose in 24 hours. For children above 6 months, if symptoms persist after 3 days or worsen, consult your doctor.
WARNING: Do not take more medicine than the label tells you to.
Hazards and Cautions
DO NOT GIVE THIS PRODUCT IF YOUR CHILD:
- is under 3 months old or weighs less than 5kg
- has (or has had two or more episodes of) a stomach ulcer, perforation or bleeding
- is allergic to ibuprofen or any other ingredient of the product, aspirin or other related painkillers
- is taking other NSAID painkillers, or aspirin with a daily dose above 75mg
- has a fructose intolerance
SPEAK TO YOUR DOCTOR OR OUR PHARMACIST BEFORE GIVING THIS PRODUCT IF THE CHILD:
- has or had asthma, diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, a stroke, heart, liver, kidney or bowel problems or are dehydrated, or has chicken pox.
Medical advice is required before taking this medicine in case of the following conditions:
- trying to get pregnant
- being elderly
- being a smoker
KEEP ALL MEDICINES OUT OF THE SIGHT AND REACH OF CHILDREN
Do not store above 25°c.
This is a medicine;
- Consult your doctor or our pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist
- Seek advice before using if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, breastfeeding or suffer from allergies
Active ingredient: Each 5ml of oral suspension contains 100mg ibuprofen.
Also contains: Maltitol Liquid. See leaflet for further information.