At some point in our lives most people will suffer from toothache and it can be a very unpleasant and painful experience. The primary cause of toothache is tooth decay but can also be the result of a broken tooth, a loose filling, gum disease and several other causes. If you do get a toothache it is important that you make an appointment with your local dentist so the underlying cause of the toothache can be identified and the appropriate action taken.
Orajel is the strongest local anaesthetic that can be taken without the need for a prescription.
It is important that you read and fully understand the Patient Information Leaflet before purchasing this item.
Before you use this product
This product can only be taken by adults and children aged 12 years and over.
Adults and children over 12 years.
- Remove cap.
- Cut off tip of tube.
- With a clean finger or swab apply an amount of gel the size of a green pea into the tooth cavity.
- Use up to 4 times daily.
- Do not use continuously. If toothache persists, consult your dentist.
- Not for use in children below the age of 12 years.
- Avoid taking hot drinks whilst using Orajel Extra Strength.
- Do not use Orajel Extra strength after the expiry date which is stated on the pack.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose.
•Please consult our pharmacist or doctor before using this medicine if you are currently pregnant, likely to get pregnant or breastfeeding.
•Please consult our pharmacist or doctor if you are currently taking any other medicines as this may cause an interaction.
•If you think you may be allergic to any of the ingredients contained in this medicine, please seek medical advice before taking.
•If you have any questions after you have bought this medication, please speak to our pharmacist.
Each 100 g of Orajel Extra Strength Gel contains the following active ingredients: –
Other inactive ingredients (Excipients) are:
Polyethylene Glycol 3350S
Natural Spearmint Flavour
This medicine is suitable for most people but a few people should not use it. If you are in any
doubt, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not use this medicine…
- If you have had an allergic reaction to Benzocaine or any of the ingredients in the gel particularly Sorbic Acid. An allergic reaction may include a rash, stinging, swelling or itching. This product contains Sorbic Acid, which may cause local skin reactions (e.g. contact Dermatitis
- If you have been told by your doctor that you have difficulty converting component of your blood called methaemoglobin to haemoglobin. Please don’t be worried. Most people taking this medicine will not experience any problems.
- If you are taking antibiotics called sulphonamides, for example co-trimoxazole, as benzocaine may prevent them from working well.
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding.
If the above bullet points apply to you, get advice from a doctor or pharmacist without using Orajel Extra Strength Gel.
If you apply or swallow too much gel contact your nearest hospital casualty department, doctor or dentist immediately. Taking the product information leaflet to show to the dentist or doctor.
Orajel Extra Strength is intended for short-term use until you can get to see a dentist. It should not be used continuously. If the toothache persists, consult your dentist.
Side effects when using
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. If you experience the following, stop using the medicine and talk to your doctor:
- An allergic reaction (burning, itching, stinging and/or a rash)
- Skin irritation
- A condition called methaemoglobinaemia (difficulty converting a component of your blood called methaemoglobin to haemoglobin).
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist , dentist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed here You can also report side effects directly to pill doctor pharmacy Ghana on +233267000104.
If you need more advice consult your doctor, dentist or pharmacist.
Keep all medicines out of the sight and reach of children.